Home » Featured

Spirit iOS 4 jailbreak for iPhone 4, iPhone 3G S (new bootrom) coming soon

7 July 2010 13 Comments

The Developer group has confirmed that the users can enjoy the features of Spirit jailbreak pretty soon, but the exact date when its going to be released is still a suspense. The best part is that it will work fine with all iOS 4 handsets – iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS (new bootrom), 2G iPod Touch (MC model) and 3G iPod touch.

Apple has also announced that its iOS4 update will be launched in the weeks to come. It is expected that once firmware update is made available to the customers, Spirit iOS 4 jailbreak will be released. Hence, Spirit iOS 4 jailbreak’s release date is dependant on the firmware upgradation.

This website uses IntenseDebate comments, but they are not currently loaded because either your browser doesn't support JavaScript, or they didn't load fast enough.

13 Comments »

• Adam said:

really old news…. ios 4 was also release on june 21st and it is now july 7th get with the freaking program

• gabagool said:

Yes adam but they announced an update to the firmware due out in a few weeks to fix the faulty signal bar status. so it is you in fact who needs to get with the program.

• Ali said:

Adam,

Your an idiot, this post clearly states that the Spirit Jailbreak has been updated to work with all iOS4 devices including iPhone 4, so before you post any comments make sure you know what your talking about.

• Katerine said:

I agree with gabagool. I have a quick question: So will this program work with my iPhone 3GS that came preloaded with iOS 4 already? (Now I sound like I need to get with the program, but I'm asking just to make sure.) Plus do you know how long ago that Apple started preloading the 3GS with iOS4?

• iModder95 said:

I don't know when Apple started putting iOS 4 on iPhone 3GS, but the Spirit jailbreak coming soon is going to work with all iPhones/iPod Touches. I really need this because I upgraded to iOS 4, then downgraded again to 3.1.3, then jailbroke with Spirit, I can't wait to upgrade to iOS 4 and jailbreak. It'll work regardless of whether it is an MC Model or not. It will also work with iPhone 4. Mine is a 32GB iPod Touch 3G, obviously an MC model.

• iPhone help said:

From what you're saying, is it possible to downgrade to 3.1.3 if I already updated to 4.0, and then jailbreak the phone on 3.1.3? I heard this was not possible on a 3GS because Apple stopped signing 3.1.3 restore files. If you were able to downgrade to 3.1.3, did you do this through iTunes via the shift+restore mode or through a hack? And if through a hack, would you mind sharing your technique? Thanks a lot!

• Ronster said:

Looking forward to this unlock as I foolishly upgraded my JB 3gs to OS 4 and am stuck…..I know I should ave read up on it a bit more before I did it…but cest la vie!

• bill said:

Iam scared and ugly

• eddyed said:

hahaha! oh adam how do you feel

• yogs said:

you guys are funny!!

• yoda said:

yoda rulezzzzz………random thought!!! lol

• sisoo said:

Hi iModder95, I have iphone 3GS with 3.0.1 and then i upgraded to iOS4 and it was locked and i am stuck on the screen emergency call. Can i downgrade to 3.1.3 and then jailbreak with spirit. Can you give me the steps for downgrade. thanks.

• hbalakrishnan said:

How did you down grade to i os4 to 3.1.3. I havent done any back ups . Is it possible with out SHSHS bob back up of 3.1.2. If so can you share the procedureto downgrade?____Thanks in advance__Bala

Leave your response!

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags: